Operation Restore is a free post burn corrective surgery for functionally impaired burn victims. It is jointly organized by National Burns Centre and Rotary District 3140 since last 4 years.
This year the camp is being organized in 3 phases once in every 4 months. First two are over. The dates of next camps is 9th-10th of November 2013.
This new and first of its kind treatment methodology has proved extremely beneficial in improved clinical outcome and reducing the mortality and morbidity of extensive burns patients.
The main objective of the camp was to correct the functional deformities and help the economically challenged burns survivors to lead a near normal life who could not afford the corrective surgery.
Assessment of the potential candidates:
- Rotary club members reach out to the potential patients through various publishing methods.
- Patients from far off places in Maharashtra like Nan durbar, Dhulia, Satara, Baramati, Pune and also from the neighboring cities of Mumbai come for the surgery camp.
- The screening process is conducted by the Plastic Surgeons at National Burns Center. Patients suffering from Functional Deformities and those who required corrective surgeries for the same are selected.
Role of Rotary:
- Rotary helps in getting patients and in logistics of the surgery camp.
- Rotary also sponsors the cost of surgery.
Role of National Burns Center:
- National Burns Center provides the hospital space, operation theaters, surgical instrument, operative machineries, hospital wards, surgeons, doctors, nurses, and paramedic staff and also manages the post operative care and rehabilitation of the patients.
Need of Awareness to reach out to patients:
There are lots of burn survivors who are functionally handicapped because of post-burn Contracture. Those patients can benefit from this free surgery camp. But due to lack of awareness, many of those patients are not aware of such camp. So there is a need of wide spread awareness about the same. Date of Next camp- 9th and 10th November 2013.
Patients can contact National Burns Centre, Airoli on 022 2779 3333 to get the benefit of the camp.
Baby Supriya Operation Restore
Pre OP Photo
Post OP Photo
The Operation Restore 2013/ Camp-3, Success Story